RIP Suzuki/Proline

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The New 160lb 26" Metros...& 21" 4 Stroke Kaw/Honda Proline Bohemouths & Honda HRC Montrosities....You Kids Will Never know the Joy of Light Maint. Free 2 Cycle Suzuki/Prolines.

Occasional Gearbox and Wheel Greasing and Cleaning of Foam Elements and Tightening of the Wheel Adjusters....A 50k Return on Your 1k Investment w/only a Slight Sweat Being Broken on the Brow.....30 Props a Day Done Before Lunch.

Cutting through Res. Props Like a Knife Through Butter is Now Only a Dream.

RIP Suzuki.

http://www.usmemorialday.org/audio/taps.mid

2. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Today is One Year To the Day Since the Last Suzuki/Proline Rolled of the Asembly Line.

RIP Suzuki
    1982-2004​

"There is No Sweeter Sound than a Suzuki Hitting Max Torque
    There is No Sweeter Smell than her fragrant exaust"

Anon.

Please mix 2 Cycle Oil with the Gas on all future 4strokes as a Measure of Protest.

3. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'd suggest....uh..perhaps.....getting over it?? Such an attachment to an innanimate object....what's up?

Hey, are you the guy from the other lawn website who names himself Jack D and speaks of himself in the 3rd person? You know, the website where that other dude gives really bad marketing advice like carry your mowers in the back of an old milk truck and wear overalls as a niche in the marketplace?

Just curious.

4. bmxican

bmxican LawnSite Member

I salute thee 22040, gone but not forgotten...

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Since you love these so much and I have one that I despise, which finally died a few weeks back.... Then why not offer another measure of protest by doing something useful towards me in this forum.... besides making me laugh.... and instead, offer me some pointers for a total overhaul on this piece of crap.

Mine I guess was a lemon no doubt from the get go... even considered picking up a used one or two in order to see if I could get one set of properly working parts out of several. Since such is the case and I never really bothered because I preferred using something else.... it was already sick from it's piss poor lemonaide condition and probably died due somewhat to my lack of use.

Many times I considered pulling the Suzuki and putting it on some other little hand mower, but never did from lack of torque. But I still like the little engine and think maybe there is some hope for it. It outlasted everything else on the mower. But finally failed to crank it's very first time Saturday, when I went to do my scheduled crank-up for the good of the engine.

But I didn't try very hard to do much with it because a big gang of wasps had made themselves a home beneath the deck since I put it out in the retirement home after the BBC let me down while it was pulling backup duty. But I did get her to come to life once more this afternoon.

I've always wanted to experience the greatness you guys enjoyed, but I never found.

So what do you say????

Do I put her on a work table?
    Or do I put her in a coffin?

6. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

I bought mine in 1987 when I was a junior in high school. First piece of 'professional' lawn care equipment I ever bought. I cut between 10 and 15 1/2 acre lawns a week with it. It stuck with me through school, being the fenced in back yard mower when I started a real business, and a LOT of abuse by employees. Today I it is used to cut a 20 x 20 patch of grass in my dogs pen.

I keep looking at shiny new mowers with flimsy handles and four stroke mowers and don't see any reason to trade in a great thing for a good thing.

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Too bad I started in this business late and did not know about them. It would fit nicely between the Toro wb and Z-Master that I just picked up. Envy I would be happy to take that mower off your hands for whatever price. I need a new side project to toil with on the weekends.

8. boonhogganbeck

boonhogganbeck LawnSite Member

Gone but not forgotten. I'm happy with my Lawn Boy gold pro - last year's model. I think you can still find them though. 6.5HP 2 cycle duraforce.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, that's him. I went over there last week for the first time and saw Jack being God's gift to every poster over there. No Thanks.

10. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Back in The Day...I Could Make More With a Single Suzuki Proline Cutting Small Res. Before Lunch than Most of You Kids Make in a Day w/Your 10k Riders.

Just Like Superman Has Kryptonite...Suzuki Had the Enviro Nuts.

RIP My Friend.