1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ripped off FC-75

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DennisF, Sep 17, 2004.

1. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Thieves ( probably crackheads ) ripped off my Stihl FC-75 edger today while I was in the back of a customers' house with the trimmer. Call it a lesson learned. Always lock the rack when you can't see the trailer! That's my policy from now on. It's just a shame that you can't keep anything anymore. Turn your back for a minute and your stuff is gone. Damn crackheads!!!
  2. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

i havenot had this problem but when it does then we will lock it all down sorry to hear bout that man :( wish u luck
  3. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

go to the farm supply store and buy a electric fencer. run a wire to all your racks and put the control switch in an insulated point. That way you can turn it on and off I have seen them that can run off a car battery.
  4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, they would get one goood ZAP!!!!!. :laugh:
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel your pain..I had @ $2800 worth of hand tools stolen out of the back of my truck this week... :realmad:
  6. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

I like your idea about wiring the rack. I did a similar thing years
    ago when kids were screwing with my 55' Ford. We ran a power cord
    to the frame and plugged in.

The only problem was on night we heard this incredible scream
    from a dog and continual yelping. My dad and I ran outside
    to, yea you guessed it, A WET SPOT ON THE TIRE! :dizzy:

I think we both were a little more than feeling his pain! :cry:
  7. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

We had a blower swiped my trailer this year and a chain saw taken last year. :angry: The local cops told me that most of these thefts are most likely being done by other lawn care scrubs in the area! It’s easier for them to grab someone else’s than to buy one for them selves. Don’t let it be yours.
    Lock it up all the time.

A lock won't stop a true thief, but it may slow them down enough to get a shot off at them! :gunsfirin