1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ripping bags

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Exmark: How hard is it for you guys to replace bags on a mower that only has 160 hours on it and they are tearing and wearing out on the metal part! I brought in my mower into the dealer saturday and they looked at it and said "we can't warantey that"! I have always purchased exmark for my mowing equiptment and am very dissatisfied with your service! I am going to think agian before I purchase another exmark ultra vac bagging system! Please give me good customer service, like I provide to all of my customers. It will be cheaper for you in the long run, because you wont lose a purchasing customer!!!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance,

We apologize for the service you received. Why did the dealership say they couldn't warranty it?

3. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Because they said it was "NORMAL WEAR" and that Timberland shiping company wouldn't refund them to replace them!!! I have owned other exmarks and I can't beleive that after only 160 hrs, the bags are falling off of the top rim! They are ripped in 3 places on the bags and they will only last mabey 250 hrs, if I'm lucky. This wont cost you that much, and it's the principal of the whole thing, a warranty!!!
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

What's your email address? I'm going to have Mark, our Parts & Accessories expert contact you.

5. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

6. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I only use my bagger about 10 hours a week, and mine are already wearing in the same spots that yours are also. Seems like its a normal thing to happen. Im curious as to what the parts rep will say about it....
  7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Umm are you joking? Bags are a normal wear item. I would be dang happy to get 250 hours out of a set of bags!

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Get A Accelerator Or Grass Gobbler And You Wont Have The Problems You Are Having With The Cloth Bagger!!!!!!!!!
  9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

any chance you could post pictures of that? i used to use an ultravac and i can't seem to picture what you are saying is happening, yet others seem to be having the same problem.
  10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto that, please