Risky marketing idea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by promower, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi promower,

Maybe you could also have a raffle for some service given to a customer that gives you the best referral within a certain period of time.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Have people sign up for the contest, but don't acctually have a winner! Come'on do you acctually think people win those vettes and harleys at local fairs?!?

LOL don't acctually do that. The be fraud!

Matt

3. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about something similar. I was going to do first mowing for $5.00 or maybe free ( yes I said it ) with a season agreement. I was going to have a cut off date when they needed to call by for the "Early Spring Promotion" like March 15 or April 1. If you still wanted to do the giveaway,I like the idea of the monthly drawing. Maybe what you could do is have a minimum number of new customers for the free month like mentioned before, if that is not met then instead maybe do half price so you still have an incentive for the new customers to sign up, and your not out as much money. Keep us posted.
    Chris

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the monthly drawing sounds 100% better then my idea. I would be giving away the same amount but there would be 6 winners per year instead of one which would probably be much more appealing to new customers. I think I will it out this year and see if my closing rate improves. Thanks for the replies.

5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Now that's thinking outside the box!!!!

I'm going to post that link in lawncare section...