Rittenhouse Topdresser

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

2. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never seen one of these but can see where the bottleneck would be. It looks very well made but I doubt it will do what you want to do. At a minimum I would want to rent or demo one first.

Fwiw, I paid $800 for my used Mete-R-Matic about 15 years ago. Only maintenance has been grease and keep air in its 6 tires - and chain came off once when I tried to run something through it I did not know had a big root clump in it. I know it may not be the machine that makes sense for you and I know I got a heck of a good buy on it. It is very simple though. No engine and almost no maintenance. There has to be something similar that is smaller that would work for you. Something ground driven even if you have to load it by hand.

3. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, that rittenhouse topdresser doesn't look like it would do much, that bin is tiny, and no wet material? That take's it out of the running for me. For $4000 you can can get a lot better machine, especially if you go used. You can't go wrong with a meter-matic, those thing's just keep on going.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

OK. Now the problem is trying to actually find decent used Turfco units or similar. Have not had any luck so far.