1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

river stone in beds

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by causalitist, May 1, 2007.

1. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

give me some ideas on how much you guys charge for putting stone in beds
    .. its alot of it. i estimate about 6cy.
    im used to mulch and dirt, not stone pricing.

if you ask me i think it would be even more of a pain than dirt. i'll be wheel barreling it.

also, i estimate it by volume like mulch .. by the cubic yard... but they sell it in tons. anyone know the rough equivelant? like a 4 yard truck full is bout 6 tons.. or some rough est like that. ???

any random thoughta about stone in beds and how much longer it takes compared to other things.. pricing etc. thanks alot.
  2. causalitist

3. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

river rock takes awhile to install. if you get like a 2-4 in rock you cant rake it so most of it is done by hand.
  4. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

depends om how dense of a rock 4.5 to 6 tons most commonly 1.2 tons per yard. 4 tons should take 20 to thirty minutes by wheelbarrell
  5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Travel'n Trees what do you get per ton installed on the creek rock and any idea what you could deliver some in bulk to me in Marshall, MO for.
  6. causalitist

cool, thanks.

i suppose it depends.. if your working out of the back of a truck its alot faster.
    1 guy in dump bed thats raised a little, 2 guys on barrels should be 20 or 30 min.
    (1 - 1.5 m/h) .. but if your getting it delivered like me, and shoveling it, it at least doubles the time. .. unless your loading 2 barrels a time with a skid steer.

personally, im going to estimate the job for 1 m/h a ton.
    i dont care if i get it, i hate stone. i'd rather be mowing anyway.