RLM Landscape & Pavers

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rlmlandscape, Mar 16, 2012.

1. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

I like the first one too......but damn that mulch volcano sticks out! Just curious how you are including the snowplowing and shoveling in with the Gold Package? Are you giving them a price based on an estimated snowfall for the year? and then if you go over or under give a credit?

2. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Going to just bill them seperatly for the snow plowing but am including it in the package to show what they get. Ill base all "warm" season maintenance on the monthly price.

3. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

First one looks much better... Good luck with the mailing too. Are you planning doing them all at once or are you going to do them in stages?

We do about the same amount but 3 different times in spring and have had great results.

4. rlmlandscape

Planning on doing two mailings right now. What time have you found works out best to send out the first batch. This is what I'm struggling with right now. Was thinking the end of February but not sure it that's to late or to early.

5. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

we have done a few different times and what we found gets best results for our area was the beginning of February, end of February, and Beginning of March. If we target businesses we usually push for fall advertising or middle January. Thats all assuming you start generally the same time as us which is the first week in april and march for chemicals.

We live by the whole repetition is key saying with advertising. Especially homes within 5 miles of our location we try to saturate the market here to give us a tight run.

6. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the first one more. I think the house and yard combo looks better, at least to the average eye it will.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

7. rlmlandscape

Does anyone else have any input on when to send out postcards in the northeast as far as timing goes. I did mine late March and early April last year and did not have the greatest results. Was thinking of sendind first batch out Feb 11 and then the second the first week of March. Just not sure if the weathers cold if it will deter people from calling. Then again if I wait to long they might re-sign with their old company.

8. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Im from south east pa im sending mine out first week of march

9. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Is the Walker your only mower?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

hey hey,

in RI your best bet is to do round one around secondish week of february and then last week of february or first week of march. Ive always done second week of feb, last week of feb, and then second week of march too. Went to the seminar at NEGROWS and the speaker said that it usually takes 3 times times to drive your point home and this makes sense cause the first one they are like, damn its too early for that, second one is like hmm i remember them and its almost the season, the last one is like wow i guess they are serious and the season is around the corner so ill give them a call