RLM Landscaping 2013

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rlmlandscape, Apr 7, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Looking good man!

2. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Holy CRAP! That leaf box is Ginormous! I love it!

3. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Work looks great. Love the stripes! If you don't mind me asking, how to you get such high end clients? I know up north there are a lot of high end areas but do you advertise a certain way?

4. LIscaper

LIscaper LawnSite Member

Everything looks great man, I love that GMC! I think I read that you went to URI for Landscape Architecture? I was just wondering how you have been getting your hours toward your license while running your business full-time. I'm from Long Island and i'm a third year architecture student but I'm looking to transfer to school for LA because I love it! I understand all the effort to put into the studio work, trust me i've spent numerous hours. Just wanted to see your view on running your business while going to school for LA, and how you look to expand your business in years to come. That looks like a very nice area to grow a business in as seen by your pictures. Thanks you.

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice stripesÂ…I like the wave look.

6. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Looking good as always bud.... You ripped me off though!!!!! hahaha Just kidding.... I put a similar vintage little wheel plow in a bed install as well this past August... Great minds think alike! Well, honestly I have seen it done many times before but who's counting? And don't think I don't appreciate the Walker stripe photos... I still haven't gotten my split tail kit!

7. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how much was the little wonder loader

8. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using EDDM mailings to certain towns that I know have a large percent of high end customers. Up here there are 2-3 towns where the majority of people living in them use landscaping services and have large homes.

9. rlmlandscape

Since graduating I haven't put any hours in towards getting my license and don't know that I ever will. In RI you don't need to be a licensed LA to design single residential properties. I feel the LA license is more for people looking to design parks, campuses, cities etc. There aren't many people around who want to pay for a LA when doing their homes design and look more for just a designer which I am. I think the degree was good for learning to draw because when customers see my plans their blown away at how they look. However if I were to go back to school and do it all over again I would go for Horticulture and take a class or two in design. I feel that would have been better for me having more knowledge of plant diseases etc.

10. rlmlandscape

$3200 plus tax with a $100 rebate