1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RLS Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RLS24, Jan 21, 2010.

1. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

Sell the 7'6 blade and get a 8' or 8'6. A 7'6 is a complete waste on a 3/4 ton and when angled and turning the truck you will run over the snow
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes and no. this one is a better truck overall. The diesel did have more balls than this one for sure, and I've always had a soft spot for those OBS Chevys.

theres a lot of narrow and really tight driveways around here. Most people around here go with a 7'6" for doing driveways. Its a good plow, we will see how it works out this winter.

3. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

We have plent of 1 car wide drives here and I use a 8'6 and 8' with no problems. Its a good plow, but after using it you will realize on your own its too small for that truck.

Good luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck, I like that body style Chevy too, that old one did look nice too though.

5. RLS24

it came with the truck. For the price it was better than buying the truck and plow separately. We'll see how it does this year. maybe upgrade to a V-plow for next year or the year after who knows?

6. RLS24

so...anyone else ready for snow? If we could just bypass the leaves and go straight to snow I wouldn't complain at all!

7. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

YA! I AM!! We just got a plow for our 09 GMC 2500HD! Just finished repainting the plow this weekend and getting mounts/wiring put on next weekend!

8. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

leaves are fun mike. Wow 1:30am cant sleep?

9. rstan2010

rstan2010 LawnSite Member
    from Troy MI

Really nice truck. What did it run you?

10. RLS24

Nope haha. I actually got a lot of work done as far as plowing bids and contracts last night.