RLS Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RLS24, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have used Cimato's (through Russell's Tree & Shrub), great stuff especially the black mulch. Does Cimato's sell on their own for pickup? I'd rather deal directly than having to stop at Russell's.

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

yes fred sells it. Just have to stop in their and set up an account. He also has landscape stone too.

3. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just picked up the new truck - 1994 Chevrolet 3500 SRW 6.5 Turbo Diesel with a Western plow. Truck runs real good, body is pretty good all things considered, 122k. It's older, but I felt comfortable getting into it for $3500. Pics tomorrow after I clean it up a little bit.

4. NMS0219

Sounds like a good deal, some guys hate that engine, I think is a good engine just got to watch the turbo they are known for random failure. I might have a sprae at the shop and a tranny. I dont know if they are still their, last year when scrap went high we got rid of alot.

5. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Congrates on the truck can't wait to see pics.

6. RLS24

yeah a friend of mine has a '93 same engine but his has well over 200k on it and his turbo just blew. no warning at all. When I looked at the truck initially the first thing I did was take the intake elbow off and check the turbo for shaft play and it was really solid, so I'm not really worried. It does leak a little oil, I'm almost POSITIVE its the cooler lines, those are known problems with these trucks, so a new set of those will be on order soon as well.

7. RLS24

as promised, pics of the new truck. I already got to plow some snow with it first thing this morning and its great! I spent the better part of the day cleaning it up. Some things to note: previous owner bed-linered the whole bottom half of the truck which is SWEET, newer style chevy rims, needs a seat cover, the trailer brake controller and plow controller need to be moved cuz i whack my knee on them HARD when I get out of the truck. Other than that I'm really happy. Just gotta remember to plug it in at night....forgot to do that last night and it wasn't too happy with me this morning haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. NMS0219

Nice truck, Ya if you want to try the plow out some come over to depew

9. RLS24

oh trust me I had my hands full this morning helping a few of my buddies out haha.

10. RLS24

Was going through some pictures (old school where they actually used film in cameras and printed them - remember those???) and found this one. So heres to really throwin it back...guess I started out young lol. Funny thing is, I cut that lawn now!

mowin.jpg