RLS Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RLS24, Jan 21, 2010.

1. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Been super busy, I have hired someone to work 2 days to help with mowing, then I'm still by myself for the 3rd. I have a lot of landscape projects going on as well. Here is one I did last week, just cut in these new beds, planted the hostas and mulched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is one of the nicer properties I maintain. There was a lot of mulch in there when I did it a few weeks ago!

[​IMG]

FYI the stripes you see are from LAST WEEK, when I just mowed it before these pics, I cut it the opposite way....
    [​IMG]

same with this one, stripes are a week old and I had just cut it the opposite direction.
    [​IMG]

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good,nice work.

3. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

hostas are so old....there are many better perennials you can use that will give color...coreopsis(spelling?) sage, catmint, etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RLS24

the customers specifically wanted Hostas. They are not terrible, they are very popular around here and seem to grow real well. Fairly "idiot proof" too for most customers haha

5. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I like hostas. I think what I have learned with them is using different types (colors). It adds a little more interest rather than using the same one repeated one after another. Check out one of the last landscape photos in my picture thread. I didn't plant them but the variety adds soo much interest. That's my 2 cents.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RLS24

yeah thats what I tried doing there. If you look theres 2 different kinds. People around here love those things. like Geraniums. People go nuts over those things too for some reason....

7. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I kinda noticed the difference after I posted. But even still having the greens be different is can be more dramatic but they'll look better in a year or so when they finally grow to normal size. Yea the geraniums are favorites too. It's nice when you can possess the knowledge to put together a perennial garden that blooms throughout the year. This I do not have but am learning.

8. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

How are you liking your stander Richardson?

9. YardGal

YardGal LawnSite Member

Looks great!

10. RLS24

Love it so far. Just his 50 hours last week!