1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RLS Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RLS24, Jan 21, 2010.

1. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not working today. We pretty much never work on Sundays, no matter what. We are about a week behind, but looking at the weather forecast it is supposed to be clear and sunny all this week so I am confident that we can catch back up.

No that one is significantly more $$ this one rolls really easy though.

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Got the leaf loader back today, looking like it will be another fun week of leaf clean up

Leaf Loader.jpg

3. RLS24

that thing is a beast! watch out for the phone books this time lol

4. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Phone books are no problem its the steel tine leaf rakes that mess it up. Makes one hell of a noise.

5. RLS24

I threw in the towel on my diesel truck project. I just don't have the time to get it done before winter. I'm in the process of trying to unload that and the parts truck I bought for it at the moment. I'm gonna take a good hit on it, but hey everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

Anyway, I bought this today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a 1992 Chevy K2500 has a 350 in it. The truck only has 62,000 miles on it, and overall its in good shape. Runs beautiful. About the only thing it needs is a cab corner and the dent in the door popped out. It came with a plow but its an ancient Western cable controlled one. Thats going up for sale ASAP. The one good thing about the diesel truck failure is I got the Boss plow mount and wiring out of it that will all go on this truck. I picked it up for a good deal, its older but like I said it runs very well and will make a good backup/extra truck.

6. jpang115

jpang115 LawnSite Member

nice truck any plans to paint it to match the other trucks?

7. RLS24

No at this point I'd rather have the $1800 from the body shop to plow their parking lot than get a truck painted. The only reason I had #2 painted was because the body was in such good shape. This one is great for a 20 year old truck, but it would need some work to get it to the point where it could be painted. And at the end of the day, its still a 20 year old truck and I wont keep this one as long as I'll have the '99 so its not worth it to me.

And I dont think navy blue would go with red interior very well haha

8. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If I kept comin home with trucks my wife would have the door locks changed!! Ha!! Can you even fit all the trucks at your place? Is the town gonna give you a summons soon? Ha!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. RLS24

its not a problem in the summer cuz I can park them on the street but in the winter, the trailer goes away and the other 2 trucks my employees take home with them so theres only ever 2 vehicles there in the winter

10. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotcha. You need a shop soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device