RLS Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RLS24, Jan 21, 2010.

1. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i'm still looking found a couple promising things. Where are you finding this stuff? I've searched craigslist, ebay, auto trader, truck trader, a few auction sites....

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Cant go over 26k gvw combined IE truck has 18k gvw trailer has 12k = 30 k gvw combined that means class A CDL. Now it is legal to tow up to 10k worth of equipment behind the same truck with no cdl. By equipment I mean something like an Air compressor or wood chipper, something that does not need licence plates.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

You can go over 26,000 combined as long as the towing unit is under 26,000 and the towed unit is under 10,000.

4. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

That posts makes no sense at all. :hammerhead:

If it doesn't need license plates why would you be limited to 10k? :rolleyes:

But yes you can go over 26k. 26k GVWR truck towing a 10 GVWR trailer = 36k CGVWR = No CDL.

5. NMS0219

http://cdltrainingconsultants.com/Who_Needs_a_CDL_.html

They have the examples I'm talking about. As for the "equipmet under 10k" it gets a little weird, I owned a tree service we had a bucket truck (GMC 6500 with 25,500 gvw) we could tow the one chipper with that truck because the chipper weighed in at 9,800 lbs gvw Could not tow the 7k gvw equipment trailer with the same truck without a cdl A. I found out the hard way at a dot stop, I got the out of class ticket. Differance was the chipper is classified as "Equipment / Single use Trailer" not required to have plates so under Federal dot your allowed up to 10k gvw NO CDL Required as where the Equipment trailer requires plates its not considered equipment you can't go above 26 k gvw combined.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  6. Duffster

from Midwest

Where?

Did you read the link?

:rolleyes:

7. NMS0219

8. NMS0219

ok bad example cause its out dated.

9. Duffster

from Midwest

it's perfectly up to date.

Do you read anything you link to? :hammerhead:

From your link:
    http://www.dmv.ny.gov/ncdlc.htm#

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  10. NMS0219

Your missing the part where it can't be over 26,000 lbs COMBINED.