RLS Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RLS24, Jan 21, 2010.

1. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I love my chevys. Really have had no big issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Chevy hands down makes the best work truck thats durable, performs well, holds up to abuse and is easy to work on. If you want a truck that has all kinds of creature comforts, bells and whistles and interior space, then Ford has that battle won. And thats exactly why I have 1 of each!

3. landscaper5

landscaper5 LawnSite Member

It's a toss up on which one I would buy! I love chevy trucks as well as ford. In my opinion they are both real nice trucks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. landscaper5

To me I like the look of the fords a bit better, but chevy almost seems like it produces less problem free trucks. It seems like theres quite a few ford engines that people stay to not buy

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

98% of the engine issues come from either poor care or not understanding them. Like the 6.0 can me a great engine if you know what to do with it. It can be a more reliable engine than the legendary 7.3 the 6.0 has got a bad rap from the early ones and mechanics not knowing how to handle them. And the 5.4 is a great gas engine as far as reliability and performance and gas mileage.

6. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for somebody else seeing this. If ford had done more training it wouldn't have been as bad.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree 100% if they had the knowledge they needed it would've been totally different, but it also has gotten blown way out of proportion. Which just makes it easier to scoop them up pretty cheap, because some guys are so afraid of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. landscaper5

You're absolutely right.

9. landscaper5

I'm more of a ford guy then chevy guy, but they both do make nice trucks IMO. I think it really just comes down to what you like.

10. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you about the frod 6.0 engine....HOWEVER I had the one F250 with the 5.4 in it and had more problems with it and it had NO power. I would take a Chevy 6.0 gas motor over that ANY day!