Roadside sign idea?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by OutdoorExtras, Feb 18, 2006.

1. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

Here's a advertising idea I am contemplating; tell me what you think.:)

In my area there are many large subdivisions (200-500+ homes). I am considering approaching homeowners at the main entrances (one on each major entrance) and maintaining their lawns (for a few weeks) in exchange for being able to keep a sign in their lawn for the first few weeks of the season.
    They get free maintenance so it should be an easy sale (I mean give away) and I get low cost advertising to all the people in my targeted areas. As another bonus I may end up getting some of the accounts as paying customers afterwards. I am just getting back into lawn maintenance after a few years trying a different business (hated being trapped indoors all day:( )

2. irishgoldcleanups

irishgoldcleanups LawnSite Member

try giving the 10% DISCOUNT ON THERE SERVICE IF THE ALLOW A ANOTHER JOB DONE BY SIGN ON THERE PROPERTY FOR AS MANY WEEKS AS YOU THINK IS NESSASARY. DO NOT EVER WORK FOR FREE!!!!!!!

3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i totaly agree only give a discount for a few weeks . your time is valuable dont give it away.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you have to keep the prices up, you cant give away your work.... you need to find out the going rate in your area, figure your cost to do business as a legal company with insurance and licensing and everthing included, and then set your price based on your gathered inforation

if your prices are too low you kill the market in your area for you and anyone else who comes along...

now dont get me wrong, but your profile said you have been in business for 10 years and you dont have the basics of profitable advertising vs a loss leader yet...??

good luck ..:)

5. OutdoorExtras

I would definetly

6. OutdoorExtras

oops^;)

Thanks for the advice.:)