Robbed by phone please help?

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by lawnpropm, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

You will loose badly in court. A contract means nothing if it is not written right. Since you are asking about a lawyer I assume you have not had one read over your contract(s).

2. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

The only place there are GOOD lawyers is the cemetary.:)

3. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

No I didn't wrote this on good faith and trust. Guess I don't need to do that any more. Contract was written correctly I just don't like the idea of going to court over something silly.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Fireguy97

Fireguy97 LawnSite Senior Member

Like getting paid for your work?

Mick

5. lawnpropm

Point taken lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

I have found that a contract is only good for what you're willing to put into it to enforce it. I have had disputes over contracts like everybody and usually nobody wins when a lawyer gets involved.

7. lawnpropm

So basically its a loose loose situation. I left some voicemails with a couple lawyers today. So is it best to sue or let this guy walk and cut my losses
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

File in small claims court no lawyer needed, take your contract hopefully signed by the defendent, and you will win if its worded the way you have stated. If it isn't cut your loses and lesson learned, but if he signed it, thats why you wrote it in the first place so go get your money.:waving:

9. lawnpropm

He signed and initialed it
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Then go get PAID, good luck to you even though you probably won't need it. If he signed it and you didn't deviate from it's content you've WON.:waving: