Robbed by phone please help?

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by lawnpropm, Oct 13, 2010.

1. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

No that's one thing I paid attn to in college CONTRACTS lol well how to write them anyway
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

F U I dare you hire me and not pay fotkermucher come on around here I'll show you how *I* collect money due
    and I don't need no lawyer, matter of fact we skip the court process as well, hell yeah there's always some
    who think they so fackagin cute and wise in the ass end but by the time the truth comes out and the cards
    laid out on the table there ain't too many who don't pay me!

Yes sir come on, bring it on already, you know after reading the above you're just ready to want to.

Worst part is it's too bad I gotta waste my time with the phone calls and the letters
    when I know full and well what's coming but by the time it's over I get paid!
    Next!

That's how I do things.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

First off , how much $are we talking here? . Dont spend 3k to collect $1200

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Keep in mind if you bring suit, he can counter sue, he will claim how how his grandfather planted these trees and that was all he had to remember him, he will say you cut down the trees he planted with his girls when they were young. Then he will sue for ornamental value instead of lumber value, he will say you cut trees you were not to cut. You run the risk of losing big. To me take it as a learing exp, that in writing customer to mark trees to cut, take pics before you cut them. Imo
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lawnpropm

$2200.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnpropm

I took pics before we began working and he didn't mark anything. What will pics do for my case?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Don't worry even the best sob story won't work, if it's in the contract i don't care if George Washington himself planted the trees, he aint got a leg to stand on.

8. lawnpropm

That's funny yet true but im still torn on what to do. I mean this guy can't just get away with this. He needs to be the one thinking lesson learned not me. Especially when I did nothing wrong.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats not true, there is a great deal to the simplest contracts. Just because its on paper doesnt mean you automatically win. Furthermore most courts will rule in favor of the laymen over the professional in the case of an ambiguous contract. Which, on the surface it seems like we have in this case.

10. studebaker48

studebaker48 LawnSite Member

send to collections CST out of Kentucky the get the job done .

blow the phone up work better than lawyer threats