Robbed by phone please help?

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by lawnpropm, Oct 13, 2010.

1. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Well Sherlock when the contract is signed by a defendent and the contract states a specific task at hand GUESS WHAT the law follows the contract to the T so after you finish law school call me i fill you in on business law. But seeing how you represent the customer in this matter let the guy file his lawsuit and see what happens, would be willing to bet you'll be singing a different tune in the END.:waving:

2. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

That actually sounds like a great idea how does the collection process work?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. h2oskier

Just remember you have to pay the collection agency usually anywhere from 10 to 60%

4. lawnpropm

Its worth looking into better than spending more than what I am in court cost and lawyer fees
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. h2oskier

If you file in small claims court there are no lawyers or fees other than the filing fee usually $45 in most instances.

6. lawnpropm

So I just ha e represent myself in small claims court. Im thinkng either small claims or collections. I need to research the whole colections thing tho. Have any of you guys ever successfully used a collection agency?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. h2oskier

If you file in small claims court depending on the cases pending in your area, you could probably get your case heard in about 1 to 2 months. If you go the collection agency route you maybe looking at waiting for your customer to croak before you ever collect a cent. A collection agency works mostly for big businesses anyway who have usually written the matter off, so if they collect 10% they are usually surprised. But from what you have stated about having a contract, well written, customer signature, and a description of the work to be performed, i would file in small claims court. It's a safe bet you will probably like this a whole lot better.

8. JoshRountree

JoshRountree LawnSite Member

Small claims is fairly easy, just be honest and show what you got, it worked for me.

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

No your a wrong, you can have the best wriiten contract however if certains arent accounted for in the contract and its brought to the Judge attention then you loose. My ex was an attorney. Smartone

10. h2oskier

Wrong read the flippin post genius, he stated that the "included services within contain" exactly what he performed. So in case you think a contract is just a piece of paper better used for toilet paper, bring your contract to Texas and ill eat you up in Court any day of the week. Stick to what you know not what you see on Judge Judy.:cry: