Robbed Last Night

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnmedics, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Woke up this morning all fired up and ready to go. Went to go to work and had no equipment on my trailor except the mowers. No hedge trimmers, string trimmers, edgers, blowers chain saw, or pole saw sitting its place. Broken parts of my six locks strewn all over the ground. Whoever did this cut all my locks and broke into my shed and stole all my tools, welder, and pressure washer. After the shock went away went to work mowing while my wife replaced everything. The cops were to busy to get here until the evening to do a report. My wife spent 2850 today and it will get worse when she finds replacements for everything. Does anyone have any good way to look at this or had something like this happen and get the stuff back? The echo dealer was the only happy person today I think.

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Im sorry to hear that. I bet you its someone local just keep your eyes open and you will probably come across them.....good luck

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

That sucks, man. Do you have insurance on your equipment? I'd keep a sharp eye out in your neighborhood, the thieves surely had prior knowledge of what was in your shed. Maybe you'll see some of it in the area if your lucky.

I guess all you can do is file the police report and see what happens.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if you could say anything good about being a victim of theft other than now you know of a weakness. Can you back the trailer into your shop/garage? If not, I'd sure look into a safer storage area..Then again, Dogs could have been invaluble in this situation as well..motion detecting lights?? I was beginning to question the value of my enclosed trailer, but If they can't see it, they'll be a lot less likely to steal it..

That sucks bad though man, and I hope the cops find the turds..

Did you engrave all of your gear? If so, start hitting the pawn shops as I've seen the fools try to pawn stuff the next day and get busted...

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Sorry to hear about your loss. It was probably crack heads stealing for dope money. I have two suggestions. First check the local pawn shops for your stuff. They probably pawned it real quick to get cash. Second check your homeowners policy for theft loss on garages and storage sheds. Most policies cover theft loss over a certain amount. Usually $500 or more. Good luck.

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I always keep my equipment in my garage...

I hear too many stories about stuff being stolen, and it confirms my view once again..

7. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Thanks DennisF did not think about the home policy.

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Cops were too busy? God I hate cops. My brother and I were involved in a hit and run back about 8 years ago. A guy with either no insurance or warrants ran a stop sign and t-boned us. Bro and I get out of the car walk over to this POS and give him the biggest cuss fest in history. Guy says calm down, pull into the YMCA parking lot so traffic can get through, I say hell no *******, stay right there. He says hes getting his insurance info, starts up his POS Buick and bolts. I chase him for 2 blocks on foot and he runs an intersection of 2 state highways and almosts gets t-boned by a semi himself. Go back to the scene, police have already been called, and called, and called. An hour and 30 minutes later the scumbags show up. We can see the police station from the scene across the river. They were 3 blocks away. I was 17 and toar into this fat pig(litterally, a fat pig, amazing irony) and told him if I was dying would they have made it in under an hour? Pissed him right off. Then he gives me s h i t as if the accident was my fault because I was a kid and probably not paying attention. No stop sign in my direction and I did have about 8 witnesses from a paper company kiddy corner from the accident. Come to find out 3 days later, the cops were at a funeral for a god damn police dog. A god damn drug sniffing perp biting police dog.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

alpine, why do you keep your equipment in your garage? isn't the trunk of your car large enough to fit the 21" murry and broom?

10. Prot1

Prot1 LawnSite Member

No sorry about your loss during that useless rant? Im sure you wouldnt be crying about the police the day they save you or a family member. Its unfortunate you had someone run from an accident but it happens. Its a pretty ignorant statement to hate all cops because you had a bad experience. Its almost like saying you hate all LCO's because one company did a bad job.

Quit your crying.

Very sorry to hear about your stuff Lawnmedics. Hopefully the scumbags that did it get caught =(