Robbed while mowing lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DanaMac, Jun 9, 2008.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Watch out boys!!! From the Denver Post, 6/09/08

PUEBLO, Colo.—Pueblo police are looking for two people in connection with the armed robbery of a man while he was mowing his lawn.

Police Officer Phillip Hartman says a girl about 17 years old approached the man Saturday afternoon and asked for $2. The 68-year-old man first refused, but eventually gave money to the girl.

She walked away and talked to a boy who appeared to be a juvenile, and he then asked the man for money.

The male suspect showed a knife after the girl threatened the man's life, then emptied the victim's wallet of $26.

The two suspects fled on foot.

2. BrIONwoshMunky

BrIONwoshMunky LawnSite Member

Threatening to kill a man for $28. Life is good.

3. 19-SAH-98

19-SAH-98 LawnSite Member

Start packin' heat fellas....then the POS that tried to rob you ends up feeling stupid in ICU.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I believe this is why some LCO's carry......

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely, spot on !!

6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Sounds like someone needed there fix of crystal meth.

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I pack a machete. A head on a stake, torched with gasoline is much more gratifying for me. For those of you with guns: rock on!! I totally support the 2ND Amendment.:angry:

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why I run my route with my 9mm:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:gunsfirin

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have chased his and her a** with my mower and extended reach chainsaw. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have chopped them up.

About two months ago there was a lady who sold fruit on the side of the road, that was robbed and killed for less than one hundred dollars. I mean out of all people your killing a poor helpless human being who is struggling just as much as anybody.

Why should we have to pay for this scum trial, housing and health insurance? What is fair about that? I say eliminate his appeals and fire up "Ole Sparky" better yet shoot him and we can save money on the electric bill.

10. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes, the 50 cent solution is the best one.