Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Kenneth, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Kenneth

Kenneth LawnSite Member

6 lnadscapers robbed in there yards over the weekend i was one weed wackers and blowers gone from enclosed locked trailers how can this be stopped by the way 1st post
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

paintball gun.. not worth going to jail for murder.. so stick with a non-lethal approach.
  3. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

Sorry to here that.

Where was the trailer parked?
    How did they break in?

You might back the trailer up to something so that the ramp can't be drop down, and put a lock on the inside of the side entrance door.So that you must drop the rear ramp first then unlock the side. Also,you can go to Radio Shack,Wal-Mart or Lowe's and invest in a surveillance camera they have some cheap and small ones that do a great job that's what I did, along with parking my trailer next to my dogs. If not then invest in a Rottweiler.

Good Luck.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats unfortunate! Where did they park the trailers at?

Welcome to Lawn Site
  5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

when i used to run enclosed trailers we would back them up to the building so you can get the gates down. then on the inside of the trailer put a padlock on the side door so even if they break the outside lock they still aint getting in unless they pull the truck up...
  6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

As thin as those walls are on those trailers, if no one is around, then a battery operated sawz-all will cut through it like butter. at least enough to get to the lock or cut the door off. If someone wants your stuff bad enough, they are gonna get it.

as they always say...locks keep honest people honest
  7. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

What a rotten world it is when some ******* breaks into a locked trailer to steal your tools that you busted your ass off to purchase :nono: That really blows :cry:
  8. Kenneth

Kenneth LawnSite Member

to top it all off they broke the side door it was welded shut and everything was locked up even in the inside from the cases i heard all of the locks were never to be found meaning they were picked or someone has keys alot of guys had no damage just missing locks so look out there is an investogater on this case
  9. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

lmao I think I know what your talking about.
  10. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

thats what they make guns for. but then again, can you even carry a water pistol in NY??