robert kyowski

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DynaMow, Jun 4, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

on PBS now. author rich dad poor dad

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

TV ?

I got this '96 model Magnavox that has less hours on it than my newest weed-eater.
    It is smart, very smart.
    That's probably why it stays off.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

and don't forget FRAUD in his list of titles..... since it has been proven that "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" is a work of pure Fiction and that the "rich dad" NEVER exsisted and that his dad was far from being "Poor"........ so remember to not drink the Koolaide! :laugh:

If you want to read a REAL Book read "The Millionaire Next Door"

4. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

wether some was fiction or not there are a lot of good lessons and information in his book. I bet you are watching it though!

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I gotta $100 bill that says I'm not.......and never would :)

6. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

There is a guy who has an entire website devoted to exposing his BS. Do a search on google for rich dad poor dad and it comes up. Pretty interesting stuff I thought.

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

He makes a lot of good common sense business points in his book. You just have to look at them as just that.....Good points to remember....You shouldent use his books as an operating manual for your business or life.

How do you become rich in real estate or business if you fail at your own?

You become a consultant and an author.

8. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

You know what I didn't like about his book (Rich Dad/Poor Dad)? I read it about a month ago...

I found that he was very offensive to his biological father. The "educated" one. He talked about him in a very demeaning way in regards to money, and how he raised him overall. yet his father had a PhD (I believe) and lived a very normal average life, big deal. The "other" father was smart with money matters, but didn't seem like the friendliest guy in the world. Anyway, thats my review :) Still an interesting book, I just thought it was ****** up how he talked about his father.

Edited, please watch your language. jodi

9. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

Ahh ok, if what you say is true...then that explains some of his writing...

There are NO 9 year old kids who talk the way he said he and his friend did with his "rich dad". Go back and read the book again, check out their vocabulary, the way they discussed etc etc I found that to be bullsh*t right off the bat.

Interesting...

10. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

I've never read the book, but would like to. I don't know how the kids talked when they were 9, but I remember when I was nine, I was looking for and thinking of any way I could make money because I was driven for that. That's how I started my business. Now I'm 18 and have a very successful landscape business that I run part time. I havn't made it full time yet because I wanted to still have a childhood and go to college. We'll see what happens later in life. But I'm just saying, there are SOME 9 year olds that do want to work and earn money. Thats what explains the few of us young ones and our drives to better our lives. I know that I don't want to be cutting lawns forever but it was a start and I learned alot and made a good amount of money doing it. I think business, real estate, maybe medicine will be my final route, but I've learned many things business wise that will go with me for the rest of my life.