Robin blowers...Try one...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cleancut, Dec 11, 2000.

1. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Two years ago, I bought my first Robin blower and have been in love ever since...I haven't even had to change the plug yet..One of the best investments and choices of equipment that I've made...I'm getting ready to purchase another one..They sell for $339.oo here in Knoxville..Robin also make a good looking trimmer but I've not tried one yet..Does anyone else use Robin products??Thanks...Clean-Cut

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I friend of mine has one. He used it all last year. This year he tried my Stihl BR400 and then he went out and bought one. The Robin stays in the shop now.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Is this it? http://www.wiproducts.com/outdoor/fl500.html The air volume seems a little low. It could be wrong though, that site also says my nearest dealer is in South Bend Indiana. Quite a haul from central Florida.

[Edited by Keith on 12-11-2000 at 09:06 PM]

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I've never seen a bird SMILE so much!

5. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Keith, I've not had a problem with the air volume...It's alot better than the new Shindaiwa blowers..The Shindaiwa seems to be taking the same path as the homelite products..Before long you'll be able to buy them at Wal-mart...I know there are probably better blowers out there than the Robin but I haven't found one.Any suggestions will be appreciated..I've looked at the Stihl and Husquavarna blowers but still went with the Robin..I think John Deere makes a blower but I've not seen it....Thanks...Clean-Cut..

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

That picture Keith posted looks exactly like the Dolmar backpack blower I bought which is actually made by Makita. Yeah, I know...I was interested in the Tanaka, but my dealer talked me into the "Dolmar". So far no complaints as it works well for what I need it for.

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Robin makes the Makita-Dolmar units.
    They also for a brief time made the Green Machine by John Deere units.
    I sold these units for years, and can only recall one problem, a broken choke control, and that was because the unit was dropped, but we warrantied it anyways.

8. Guest

i have a robin blower....and it does not even compare to my new shindaiwa eb630,i think the robin is fine for blwing off a sidewalk,but for cleanups the robin is not even close to the power of the other,i started with robin blowers and robin weed wackers,and in my opinion they were a BIG waste of money.

9. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't even think of trying to use a backpack blower for a cleanup as once the leaves get to any depth the only thing that is gonna move them is a push blower (i.e. billygoat, little wonder, etc.). Actually this was the first season I didn't even really perform a cleanup as I mulched everything!!!! (Thanks Eric!!!) I definitely would not call it a waste of money however, but everyone is due their own opinion.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You have got to be kidding me! Are you talking about Shindaiwa handheld blowers? We now have two Shindaiwa EB630's backpacks and they are the best blower we have used. We used Stihls for 7 years, so there must be something to them. The only similarity between it and a Homelite is they are both red. Shindaiwa products in general have been the most reliable machines we have used, I don't expect to find them at WalMart.