Robin equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rhinox29, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I have a great local dealer who started selling and maintaining Robin trimmers,edgers,and blowers. Anyone have any experience with this equipment. I run echo right now but not to happy with the dealer.
  2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

RUN don't walk and get one.
    I have a 2450 that is 3 years old and I can honestly say it's the best I've ever used.
    Robin is sort of like a well kept secret. It's light weight, powerful and dependable.
    You won't be disappointed.
    I didn't know anything about them and went into my dealers to buy an Echo 260 (he sells both brands). He pointed out the Robins and I took a gamble that he wouldn't bs me because he probably wanted future business.
    My gamble paid off and a Robin will be my next purchase as well.
    Oh yeah, it's some sort of subsidiary of Fuji-Robin.
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had my Robin (Makita casing) for five years and I love it - ONLY 9.5 lbs. w/fuel !!!!!! :usflag:
  4. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with everything that Tharrel said. I have a Robin trimmer and I love it. The power to weight ratio is awesome. I say go for it!!!
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I really like the green Makita/Robins too but, I have a red trailer now!
    Btw, I think distribution and advertising is the only thing holding up the popularity of the Robin brand. I guess if I'd never used one before, I'd have to question them but, I trusted my dealer.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Fuji Heavy Industries. Check under the hood of almost any Polaris made for the past 40 years or so besides the newest ones that have Polaris built engines.
  7. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Robin has very decent stuff.

The major problem is parts and service support as they are a small, small player in the industry.
  8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use robin trimmers, I have 3 of the NB2050's. Im like Tharrell, its a well kept secret. Im very well pleased with mine. I never have used the blowers or hedge trimmers though

9. LawnSite Member

I have two robin trimmers and three b/p blowers and they are all great equipment.But luckily i have a dealer in town for parts and service.but i HIGHLY recomend(sp?) there stuff.
  10. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Yes, Robin is a relative sleeper. They are made by Fuji heavy industries which has already been said.
    I have their NBF series trimmer and their edger. Very nice commercial units.
    The edger could use a wee bit more power, but very heavy duty gearcase and debris shield.
    Highly Recommended.