robin products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdbd, May 2, 2005.

1. jdbd

jdbd LawnSite Member

looking to buy a robin weedeater and backpack blower has anyone got any info on them ive heard so many pros and cons :blob3:

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use the robin nb2050 and have had great success with them.Actually my oldest is a nb2001 same trimmer just a different number. It is on its 3rd season and going strong. The 2050 has 2 seasons on it and doing great. they are lightweight at 8.5 pounds, about 2-3 pounds less than others and it makes a diffference when you are a solo operator and do all of your trimming, they also have a steel driveshaft that allows you to use a blade
    here is the web site
    http://www.robinoutdoorpower.com/pro-trimmers.htm
    dont let the title '' light duty '' make you think its not heavy duty enough
    My dealer is a stihl dealer also and doesnt push the robin blowers so I cant comment on them

3. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I recently(three months ago )bought an s281 robin trimmer and a robin back pack blower,the carberutor (sp?) on the thing is SUPER sensitive no priming needed,very heavy trimmer though.as far as my back pack blower i cant remember the model # but it seems to be a pretty solid piece of equipment,can't really comment on the power since it's my first back pack blower.good luck!!