1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Robin Trimmer Hard To Start Once Warmed Up

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by WigginsLandscaping, Jun 23, 2004.

1. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

I have an older model Robin Line Trimmer that probably should be taken off the truck however this is the problem I am having. It will start up fine if the engine is completely cooled off however once the engine warms up it will not start back until it cools off. It acts like it is flooded to me but I don't smell fuel. Any ideas as to what the problem could be and how to fix it?
  2. Jeff11

Jeff11 LawnSite Member

I've just spent 30 minutes searching for this very question. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but thought you might feel better knowing that you are not alone. However, I do put in a new plug every 15-20 hours or so and it seems to help. For a couple of bucks every now and then its worth it to avoid the aggravation of trying to start the damn thing when it isn't cooperating.:mad: