1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

robin trimmers and dolmar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bare spot, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone know about robin trimmers?, don't see to much mention on here, for lack of dealer support i suppose, but looking at the nb2450. and remember reading about connection between robin and i think dolmar in their trimmers (maybe the engines) so wondering if anyone knew if there was a connection on the nb2450 in some way between the two (maybe the engine?). thanks, info would be of great help
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, there is a Robin/Dolmar connection.

Fuji-Robin is an engine maker for many brands (even Polaris) as is Kawasaki.
  3. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Makita owns both Robin & Dolmar.
    Just like you mentioned, Robin has poor dealer support, but the product is fantastic and extremely durable.
  4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have the 2450 and love it. I also have an older smaller Robin. The us importer is here in Winston-Salem. It's an awesome trimmer if you have a dealer nearby. Tony
  5. bare spot

envy, thanks, wasn't sure. (how u been?) but need to get a trimmer more stepped up in power than the ms-22c that been using but next in line for dolmar is little bit more than want. so looking at the robin nb2450 but first wanted to check if the engine is made by the same (as the 22c). so now with that good news, would anybody be able to offer up any suggestions on a dealer for one of these? gonna have to get it shipped but don't have any place in mind, so if someone has a place that dealt with, i could check it out and maybe go with that. if anyone, let me know, i got to run, back to work, and thanks. btw k/b do hear u on this equipment being fantastic (least from what used), also got a saw (401), outstanding.
  6. bare spot

tharrell, thanks. just missed your post (above), no don't have a dealer and will have to get it shipped out, looking for someone who does this. but is good to hear your happy with these trimmers. the other one (22-c) that i use, seemed to run a little finicky (lack better word) at first for a while and think took a while to break in but now, great.
  7. K/B

There's a older gentleman down the road that used to sell Robin for years. (He just recently retired). He can't say enough good about them. He sold them to cemeteries, parks, etc. As he was the only dealer in the area, people that knew about the line would drive miles to buy one.
  8. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

The engines made by Fuji branded Robin/Subaru are supposed to be one of the best. Rumor has it they're giving Honda hard time in the construction equipment market.

I use to have a EH18V on a push mower and it was the best engine I ever used.
  9. K/B

Supposedly, Subaru (small) gas engines are the #1 engine in Japan, bigger than even Honda.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Dolmar is phasing out the subaru engines out of there trimmers with the exception of the four cycle units!