Robin Users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Mar 25, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

My lawn mower repair guy told me he is going to start carrying Robin equipment. He claims they are awesome tools to have and this might be perfect because I am going to buy another trimmer here in about a month or so ..........

Anyone use or heard how Robin compares to Stihl, Redmax, Huskie and Echo?

2. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

Robins are awesome they are right up there with the big boyz you wont be dissappointed to go with robin Ihave a makita trimmer which robin makes same trimmer as robin. they are SUPER light and very powerful:) :) :) :) Igive them 4 smiles!!!!!

3. johnbast3

johnbast3 LawnSite Member

I also have a Robin trimmer,the lightest one out there..Very reliable..JB

4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Have used Robyn hedge trimmers for 12 years love them. Even though my news pair threw a bearing and requires a short block I still think they are the best. Parts are sometimes a PIA but it is usually the distributor not stocking them. Not the dealer. Also, have a new Echo HC180 with 30" bar and still love my Robyn.

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I know people that will only buy Shindaiwa or Robin. Almost bought one once, but don't like the dealer that much. (and it's a shame, since he's my closest Exmark Dealer)

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I think Robin is a division of Subaru if I'm not mistaken.

Metro, why is that skeleton avatar of yours picking it's nose? If one were a skeleton, one would lack the glands that produce boogers.

7. metro-hp_48

from TN

I think he's pointing at someone.........hmmmm who could it be?

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a robin last year it is about 2 or 3 pounds lighter than the rest, I plan on getting another this year, I am very pleased with mine

9. metro-hp_48

from TN

You like this Avatar better, locutus? Got a million of them.

10. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The skeleton was fine. I just couldn't figure out why he was picking a nose obviously devoid of boogers.

P.S. your Avatars seem to have a sinister theme to them. Is this by design? Also, is that clown trained in occular surgery?