1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dingo, Feb 24, 2000.

1. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Has anyone made a little flyer and put it in a ziplock bag with a rock then thrown it into the customers driveway or near the mailbox? It seems like a pretty good idea. It would save you a ton of time and the customer would have to look at it cause they would be picking it up. Do you think this looks unprofessional? any remarks would be a help. thanks<br>Dingo
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Would you hire someone to perform a service for you that advertised this why?
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Can u say the word ---Littering:)
  4. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

Going door to door with a handfull of business cards would be more professional. That way if the people are home you could introduce yourself to them. Even if they don't hire you right then you could wave at them when there outside and when they ever want to hire someone they will probalby hire you because they would feel like knew you.<br>Talking to people can go a long way.
  5. richard

richard Banned

what if you missed and broke the window? you couldn't just drive off down some backroads...
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe if the rock was a diamond.. Just kidding. Maybe you could put something else of value in the bag, like a small pine seedling.....of course then you would have to cut around it.
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Somebody did this near one of my customers. Safe to say I have yet to see the company working in the area.<p>They used the cheap sandwich bags with a flyer estimate and handful of pea gravel with an elastic band around the whole mess. If you are going thru the trouble at least have the courtesy of sticking it in the door or screen.<p>Bill<p>----------<br>&quot;...half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.&quot; R.L.<br>