Rock Scape

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by HOLLYWOOD6973, Oct 12, 2003.

1. HOLLYWOOD6973

HOLLYWOOD6973 LawnSite Member
    from PGH PA

HI GUYS I HAVE A LOT OF VERY LARGE ROCKS. AND I WANT TO BUILD SOMETHING WITH THEM, SOME KIND OF ROCK SCAPE IF YOU HAVE ANY PICS OR IDEAS IT WOULD HELP THANKS

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Use your imagination, be creative. That is what landscaping is all about. :cool:

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi HOLLYWOOD6973,

Here are some pic ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of rocks? Do you have a pic

5. HOLLYWOOD6973

from PGH PA

sorry no pics, the rock are similar to the ones in the second pic that team gopher shows

6. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

The Second Pic Looks Like Preformed Concrete

7. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I worked for a landscaper one day when I was looking for extra work, and we used a Dingo to move some huge rocks. We had to tie rope around them to move them and it sure was a PITA! I suppose there might be some equipment that works better.

8. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

I rented a T200 a few weeks ago and moved rocks that my 763 would only laugh at. I love big rocks, as long as I have the equipment to move them!

9. HOLLYWOOD6973

from PGH PA

I CAN MOVE THE ROCKS . I HAVE A LOADER! I WAS LOOKING FOR PIC OF SOME JOBS

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

We have some very cool rock jobs to our credit. One we cut a switch back up a steep hill and placed large rocks to retain the switch backs. That job landed several others. One we are currently working on involves a house set 9 feet above grade (you have to see it to believe it) resulting in the drive way having to be retained (the drive entrance to the garage has to climb 9 feet and make a turn in 35 feet of driveway) . We are using some extremely large rocks weighing from 1k to 5k. I will take photos when we are done. That will give me a reason to buy a digital camera. I enjoy rock projects. Not every one is set up to do them, so there is really good money in doing it. With a heavy lift skid steer and a thumb equipped miniexcavator, there is no end to what you can build.