1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rock through the back glass of MY 4Runner!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrwinter74, Sep 5, 2004.

1. jrwinter74

jrwinter74 LawnSite Member

:angry: Saturday while mowing my last account for the week, I placed a small rock right through the back glass of my 4Runner,..talk about ruining your day and week,...even more after I found out a new glass is $808.35. Anyone devised a way of deflecting rocks and debris down even if the chute deflector is in place(maybe chains or other idea.)? I have several commercial accounts including a public park where there's always some stupid person trying to walk while I'm trying to work AND watch them :realmad: . Thanks! JW
  2. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

i feel your pain... i lost my rear glass to my 4runner due to a dumb mistake (drove over the parking lot seperator at outback to avoid traffic and put a 2.5 ton floor jack through the back window)
    and yes thoes rear glasses are EXPENSIVE... sorry about that due.
  3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I never done it but chains or something on the end of the chute sounds like a good idea. At least it would slow the object down considerably.
  4. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

try not aim you motorized rock launcher at your ride next time.Don't your insurence cover this sort of thing?
  5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like chains would ruin the discharge of clippings and leave clumps?

My Chopper has an OCDC!!! it works great for this, i can close it when i get near stuff to keep from slinging rocks,but in the open, just let 'er fly! :cool:

You need to get an OCDC, I HIGHLY recommend it.