1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rocket Wheels for $200

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Just wanted to let you guys know that Northern Toll & Equipment has Rocket Wheels on clearance sale for $199.99. Did they discontinue these? It looks like all they have now are the bull rider and bronco rider. Also, I just got a heavy duty nylon tarp from them cheap. Hope it will hold up better than my canvas ones.
  2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

i can not find it anywhere can ya give us a link to the page
  3. Darryl G

Harry -Their web site address is www.northerntool.com. I actually found them in their hard copy catalogue they just sent me (catalog #172). The item # is 250030-C172 on page 167. If I didn't already have a Bull Rider I'd get a pair.
  4. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I can't find it on their website. Without the catalogue, I guess those of us that don't know about them, won't know about them.
  5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

ok i see it in the catalog now must be a new product they are trying out . says rocket wheels but looks real close to the bull rider . looks like they didnt make the bar that attaches to the mower as heavy duty as the bull rider . still look like a good deal if your in the market for one
  6. Darryl G

Yeah, the platform looks the same as the Bull Rider, which is what I have. I believe this is an older model that operates only in a fixed-link caster mode. This set-up allows you to back up without jackknifing, and the operator controls stay right in front of you. Also, it is only a single tubular center attachment to the mower deck (like most others I've seen). Works great with a hydro.

I know there's gotta be guys on this board who run Rocket Wheels or know more about them.

The Bull Rider has a bin you can pull to operate it in trailer mode. In order to trailer, you also pull the caster pins out and flip the little doohickies (I'm pretty sure that's what they're called) over in order to lock the wheels into a straight position. Also, the BR mount consists of 2 pieces that mount near the bottom corners of the engine deck instead of the center.

I always use the caster modeon my BR, and in fact socked the hinge bolt down all the way so it can't move and wear.

These probably aren't for you guys who operate gear drives.

Their phone is 1-800-866-5545.
  7. Darryl G

Here's a copy of the add in the Northern catalogue so you can see what they look like. I have no affiliation with them, just looks like a good deal that some of you guys might want to take advantage of.

8. Darryl G

Maybe not, let's try that again.

rocket wheels.jpg
  9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not a new product, actually they have had it for about 2 years and it just didn't sell so they cut the price $100.
  10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

That is simular to my MTD swivel wheel sulky, that I have, I think I paid about 225.00 for it, thats not a bad price.