1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rocket Wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhardin53, Apr 25, 2007.

1. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a set of rocket wheels for my hydro WB and love the concept. But I guess I'm just a little to hefty or something. It is difficult to control.The drive tires are slipping so bad it hard to drive. I all ready added 5 gallon of fluid to the drive wheels and it helped some. Plus someone had the axle bolts way to tight on the dolly swivels, But still not great.

The way they are designed my weight is pulling up on the back tires and causing then to slip. Raining today so i have the time to look for some lug tires and see if I can move the dolly swivel tires back some so my weight is not lifting the rear end so bad.

Any one have this problem or other suggestions.?
  2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I had a set on 36 hydro Wb I weigh in around 180# My biggesd issue was the casters not rotating properly all the time or the tires getting hung up on the curb....Loved em though
  3. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

I used the Rocket wheels the first time on a big 4 acer property to trim around the few trees and signs they have and found its about a 3 or 4 block walk round trip. So I had a friend wanting to sell theres so I got them. But its just a little off for my Bunton. I'm guessing the Bunton is at least 300 lbs and of course my 220 lbs ain't easy to hale around. The Bunton has enough power just not enough traction.

I found some small ag lug tires 13-500-6 (13-650-6 standard) for around $43 each. And figure if i cut the square tubing and move the swivel wheels back just a inch or so it will keep from lifting the drive tires as bad. But i sure hate to do that but I feel it will make a big difference.