1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rockhounds ect.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by paul, Feb 16, 2000.

1. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Ther are about 6 different attachment that are like the rockhound. We use the FFC Preperator, What do you use and why?

2. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

Paul what kind of machine do you use the Preperator on? Do you like it or would you buy something else if you had to do it over?

3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

We use New Hollands older models 555 and 783's. No I wouldn't trade my preperator, just looking for another one. And asking what others use and why.<p>----------<br>paul<br>

4. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Paul as you probably read in my post on the commercial lawn care forum, we use a Harley Rake for a multitude of tasks. If you haven't tried on, at least demo a unit. I sometimes wish we had two. <p>By the way, I read in Time that the Chicago City Planner is planting and planning to plant all kinds of trees, and install greenscapes around town. I hope you are getting some of the action.<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider

5. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I use a harley as well, and have been pretty happy with it. I haven't ever used a preparator, so I don't know if the following would affect them - I was grading a yard and had the drum going too deep. It locked up then blew a seal. I was hoping it could do the whole grading job, short of a final hand raking (which is what the dealer told me it could do), but it looks like it can't. Still need to scarify.

6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

the FFC preperator will do ok for mass grading but a tractor is faster, the preperator will reduce or elminate the need to hand rake plus pick up the stones. <p>----------<br>paul<br>

7. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Another great product is made by landpride. It is much like the harley but with a few differences. I use a 6 ft model behind a smaller kubota tractor and have had great results.