Rocks chipping trailer paint

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huskertaz, Apr 10, 2002.

1. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

Ok, This may seem like a weird question but we will see what you people think. I just bought a new 8.5 x 16 trailer and we live on a gravel road. The problem with this is that a ll the rocks come up and chip away the paint. Is there any way to apply something to it or do something to stop this from happening. The sides are 1 foot tall solid. I also put a piece of plywood in the front between the rack and the side to keep rocks from the mowers. I also have tried under carriage coating and that chips off too. Or should I just repaint it every year and not worry about it.

Thanks

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm....if the rocks are just hitting in one spot I'd put some spray on bedliner there to keep it looking nice, but if rocks are just hitting random spots I don't know what to do but drive slower.

Hank

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

Where are the rocks throwing from? From your truck's rear tires or your trailer's tires? If it is coming from your truck tires, then try to put bigger splash guards. If it is coming from your trailer tires, then try to put fenders over the tires.

4. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

The rocks are coming from my trucks rear tires. I have changed mud flaps and it still doesn't work. No matter how fast you go on gravel roads, there is going to be rocks thrown back. The rocks are chipping away the entire front of the trailer. I never thought about the nedliner spray. That might work.

Thanks

5. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

rhino liner