Rodenator??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Think Green, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Guys,
    I know this isn't really a topic for the traditional application thread. But I am curious to know one thing!
    I am venturing out for this Spring in purchasing the Rodenator system for mole eradication. The Question--" Has anyone ran into complications with the animal rights activists or with city and local animal control laws? I was notified by the company computer system sales staff that my area has no one that has purchased a unit for commercial use on resi's and commercials. I am wanting to bang the pavement with door hanger's, publication ads, and possibly radio.
    I am wondering seriously about the a animal huggers as this system uses concussive means to kills moles, pocket gophers, mice,etc.

2. Think Green

Okay?
    Does any one have some pertinent info. about hidden regs before doing this service?
    P.M. me if you are not comfortable with posting!

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen the YouTube video, looks like a bit overkill IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Little Boys who play with matches wet the bed.

5. Dandylyin Slayer

Dandylyin Slayer LawnSite Member

The mole tunnels are too shallow . Won't work on them very good. It will work on gophers. The problem is, in town with close neighbors, they will freak out when you rattle their windows !

The rodenator is LOUD. You will have a hard time using it in town .

6. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Member

From the video I saw, the results after are worse than the damage burrowing critters do.

It is pretty cool though.:cool2: I am thinking a minimum amount of alcohol is required before starting.

7. Think Green

I agree that it looks like a tool used by Carl Spackler (Thanks Ric!)!!
    It can be a useful tool for those that want the critter's gone and now!!
    It may be noisy.......and messy but with a tarp placed in strategic areas, the mess is minimal.
    As far as the bang......as long as it is within ordinance and with license......who cares.
    I consider the bang as an attention getter to generate business. If those moles are gone, then money is to be made.

8. Dandylyin Slayer

The noise is a BIG problem, been there done that.

Won't work on moles either, but you have your mind made up, go for it.

9. Dandylyin Slayer

The rodenator is a very poor choice. The varmit getter is a much better system.
    You don't have to hold the varmit getter during the explosion.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I have but one word for Carl Spackler.

TARPID

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.