Rodent Pricing?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Erdye, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Erdye

Erdye LawnSite Member

I have just entered the extermination business, as an add on for my lawn care. I am currently charging $20/large rodent (skunk, raccoon, possum, etc) live trapped. As for smaller rodents (mice, Squirrels, chipmunks, etc) I charge a one time set-up fee of $45 and then each additional visit I charge $35 for checking and resetting traps. I usually set between 8-10 traps. Does this seem about right? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

There are easier methods to evict the rodents with bait. It is less humane, but will not require return visit. We charge $60 for a 1 time mole treatment and haven't had to return to a property yet.
  3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

is that part of l and o business up there? In Florida it falls under household pest control. I would advise against outside baiting for rodents in case they find their way inside and die in a wall!
  4. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

What exactly does your mole treatment involve? Just curious as it must work if you never have to go back.
  5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

When I got my license , I soon quit the yard work thing and went full time pest control and make lots and lots more money with 80% less effort
    I would never go back .
  6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

It's ironic this is brought up. My next door neighbor, an elderly widow, had Orkin by this weekend. She said she had mice in the house, not uncommon this time of year in a cold climate. They charged $250.00 to set 4 traps (mouse traps mind you) and tell her the put a screen on the sump pump pipe, the chimney, roof vent, and to plug a couple holes in the chimney. Looks like it's time to go buy some mouse traps! (and yes, get my vertebrate license)
  7. Otownlost

Otownlost LawnSite Member

These are considered nuisance wildlife, and not covered under GHP or L&O. Trapping and baiting of rodents outside of Norway, Roof, Brown, Black rats and mice is not permitted under the rules of 482 and 5E-14. Just FYI:)
  8. Otownlost

Otownlost LawnSite Member

Your neighbor got a cheap price. I used to work for a mouse and we charged a minimum of $450 for excusion of rats/mice and trapping. That was a far more extensive program than what you descibed though.