1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

rodent removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bville_mower, May 13, 2004.

1. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

Not sure which "forum" this post issupposed to be in...

I don't specialize with removing rodents in my business. In saying this, I had a client offer me $30 a head for any gopher's I could produce from his property. I did some research and bought a trap, but no success. Do any of y'all do rodent removals or have any tips or advice?
  2. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

this was covered about a month ago on the pesticide forum. Someone posted great links to a University site that had pages of info on what works (and what doesn't) for rodent removal.
    Do a search
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I did it for a good customer a few years ago, bought a trap and every week moved it to a different trail. I did trap a few(4). I charged for the trap, and some time to replace trap when new trails were found. He was happy and the activity seemed to slow down, I got busy and didn't pursue this any more.Also he didn't have an intrest in it the following year, he said to let it go and if it gets real bad, then we will do it again, or I will mess with it every few days, Welll, you know how long that lasted....