Rodfather...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Feb 21, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Well, I snapped today finally. We received about 10" inches of snow and that was my final straw. This is how my day went

1. I had to wake up at 3am and wait for the dang city to finish plowing
    2. I then started residentials at 5:15am, way too early to start, but I had to since I couldn't get back into my parking lot because the city plowed it shut
    3. 6:30am picked up my worker, went out and the second job hit a newspaper and the belt broke on the snow blower
    4. Went back to the garage got the other snow blower and almost couldn't get out into the road because of how bad the conditions were.
    5. Got to the second job, with the new blower, and that belt snapped.
    6. Closest place that carries a belt is 25 mins away. So I sent my dad off to pick it up (he's retired and bored)
    7. Went and finished two more residential properties just with shovels. The last job I had to call up dcondon for him to help me out.
    8. And to make matters worse on the last job, some idioit decided to park his car at the end of the driveway, so it got plowed in BIG TIME by the city, which made my job harder to do.
    9. Go back home, realizing that I am going to have to head back out again later on once the belts get put on.
    10. As I am in my parking lot, I get stuck there as well.
    11. Come inside to listen to 3 messages from the same customer asking me to plow their driveway, when in fact my answering machine greeting says, " I am not taking on any new snow removal customers."
    12. I sit down on the computer here, complain to my wife and look at the weather forecast for the week which says more snow.

To answer your question Rodfather....look below

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

he he he he its always that way lol
    look at the up side u r makeing money

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Tideman--I heard the forcast for the Detroit area and I was think of you guys knowing you would not be happy.I forgot though how come you use the blowers and not trucks.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Troy, you remind me of that famous saying, "Besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" LOL

5. rodfather

I think Troy's ready to throw in the towel Dusty...he's wussin' out on me :D

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

we all cant be like u rod :waving:

7. tiedeman

from earth

oh, now I see how it is. You are calling me out :D

Ok, just because of that I might change my mind now (dang) :cry:

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You know Troy there is another way to solve that issue. Move to the South...............................No, wait I take that back too many snowbirds have already done that........ :D

9. tiedeman

from earth

exactly :) I am doing a lot of those snowbirds driveways for security reasons

10. rodfather

Mike, he wants me to feel sorry for him, but i ain't fallin' for that sob story of his...I got his number :p