Role Call!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Oct 4, 2007.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not trying to slam this product but let's see, solor LED paver lights?? What could be wrong with this picture? Solor and paver in one package? I've got to see this.

2. jhuanger629

jhuanger629 LawnSite Member

Not at all, and no offense taken by any means. Our solar panels are beneath the surface of the lens so they are actually removed from view and we don't use batteries, but instead capacitors to increase the lifetime of the product.

3. jhuanger629

Paul, I sent you an email at your company site and would love to hear your thoughts. You're absolutely right, solar + LED + paver does seem "out there."

We launched at NYC's Lightfair this past May and you wouldn't believe the number of people who had no idea what was going on! lol

As I mentioned to Ned, please do feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to go further.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with slamming a product (unless it's outrageous and you're insulting the inventor's mother or something), as everything is open to interpretation and criticism, which in the long run, will help to ensure innovation.

edit - can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I am a member of Alibaba ( global trading website) and I just recieved some product information for fixtures that sound identical to what you are talking about here. They are solar powered pavers that use a capacitor rather then a battery for storage and LEDs to generate the light.

I looked at the specifications and they are nothing that I would make use of here. Is your product composite (plastic, fiberglass) or different?

5. jhuanger629

Hi James, alibaba is definitely a great resource for international trade.

Our solar LED is composed of a PC/ABS composite with a thick layer of polycarbonite resin as the surface. James, i'd love to send you an email introducing our line as I'd love to hear your thoughts when compared to what you found on alibaba.

Thanks for the reply!

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow James, that is a really fascinating website. So many Chinese manufacturers...

I think I've discovered an untapped market... now I have a new BIG IDEA...

http://fuxinggroup.en.alibaba.com/p...den_solar_light/garden_grave_solar_light.html

Get this...

SOLAR HEADSTONES!

BTW, Jhuanger, even the flat style headstones more popular these days could use those solar paver lights...

7. jhuanger629

absolutely, since our units are all self-contained, you could very easily just plop them in there.

another great trade site to look at is www.tradekey.com.

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Gregg, when you are specifying those solar powered LED headstones, make sure you included a flashing function so that it is easier to find an individual head stone at night.

Now that is a niche!

9. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

What was the name of this thread again? How did we get into lighted headstones?

10. jhuanger629

gotta love lighted headstones though, who wouldn't want one? haha