Roll-Off Landscaper Bed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Darryl G, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Here's some pics of a roll-off landscaper bed. The ramp looks steep but I've seen the guy take the Scag Z up and down no problem. It's about 5 feet off the ground though up to the deck. Sometimes they use a roll-off dumpster and drop it right down, drive the mower in and dump right in it...pretty cool.

Oct2011Mow&Leaves 010.jpg

Oct2011Mow&Leaves 011.jpg

Oct2011Mow&Leaves 012.jpg

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Now we're talkin!!!

3. Darryl G

The interesting thing is this is for a one man crew, but it's not a one man company. They do really nice work and have some really nice accounts. I do the red house 2 houses over from theirs.

4. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Thats awesome, BUT a whole lota truck for the load

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

That's a bit much. ;)

6. Darryl G

It's a multi-purpose truck for them. They do a lot of tree work and landscaping too. I know I have seen it with dumpsters on it and maybe even a leaf box. They do a lot of service down in the beach area where the roads and parking/turnarounds can be challenging at best. Even though it's not a small rig, it probably still beats having a trailer in tow.

7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Any idea what a truck like that would cost new? How would the cost compare to a 3/4 ton and a trailer?

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

truck like that new would be a 100 grand. if you dont have enough other big work to keep that truck busy that you have to us it as a lawn truck......you better look at shet closer. your head is on all wrong.

9. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Waste of an asset. If this company needs a truck that large and owning one will increase profits considering it's initial cost then they are justified to buy one.

Thing is I can't see them making enough money running a lawn mowing route with that size truck.

What's that truck going to get, 5 mpg?

It's one thing when a pickup was in the shop and they wanted to use it as a back up for a few days on one of their lawn routes.

I would think that it would be best to keep that truck parked until it's needed for the reasons it was bought for. That way the truck will last longer and save operating expenses.

10. Darryl G

They aren't doing $40 lawns with this rig...big high end high dollar lawns. They maintain some really nice places, the best of the best, and have a very loyal following. I wouldn't be surprised if they're grossing $1k plus/day with a one man crew on that rig...really.

I don't think that rig is $100k but I'm sure it's not cheap.