roll on bed liner

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by 944own, Nov 15, 2010.

1. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I am getting my work truck painted this week, dropped it off this morn thinking about putting some of this roll on bed liner in the bed when I get it back I have had a plastic bed liner in it but it looks pretty old and I will have a fresh paint job. Called and was quoted 500 for the spray on liner this stuff looks pretty good and you can buy everything for less than 100 I think it is called the Hercules liner anyone tried it.

2. 944own

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

go to rural king its called road warrior its the best ive seen i used it and am happy. put 2 coats on or just use it all, its easy to use took me about 2 hours to put 2 coats in my bed of my silverado, it was 99$ when i bought it awhile ago

5. 944own

how long have you had it on and has it faded, does it hold up will to tossing tools and such on it.

6. if your having you truck painted, probably going to look real good, don't go and mickey mouse it up now, have it sprayed in.

7. 944own

That is what I am trying to avoid, just wanting to get opinions from people who have used the roll on. If I can DIY and save 400 that could be a new trimmer or something.

8. I have yet to see a DIY bedliner that didn't look like crap.

9. 944own

that is the kind of stuff I want to hear because I have yet to see a DIY bedliner period.

10. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

i put 2 coats on mine it faded a little bit but my dad has rhino lining and it has faded too so i can tell you i have yet to see any bed liner that doesnt fade over time, i spilled battery acid in mine and all it did was turn it grey in the spot where it was it didnt eat thru it so i put 1 more coat on, as far as tools i had a transmission for my jeep in mine this weekend that i slid in and slid out and it didnt scratch thru it. ill take a picture when it quits raining