Roll-On sulky -- Questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by naturescape, Apr 21, 2007.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm considering the Hustler Roll-On sulky. I know it's $399.

Will it fit my other walkbehinds also? I'm using an Exmark TT and Bunton. I'd consider a Hustler if I like the sulky! :)

Does the sulky flip up or chain up out of the way for trailering, etc?

Is it a fixed or trailering type sulky? If it's trailering, does the sulky wiggle a lot from left to right as my trailering wheeled sulkies have done?

Will it outstripe the Proslide sulky?

And the main question is: How is the ride quality? I have a Proslide right now, it rides very smooth but there is a lot of maintenance to do on them which I think the Hustler sulky would avoid. How smooth is the Roll-On sulky? Smoother than the Proslide? Between the Proslide and a wheeled sulky? Or rougher than a wheeled sulky?

I'm sure if you answer these questions for me here, it would assist others in their questions on the same sulky. I think I covered everything! :)

Thanks!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is a universal type mount, yes it will fit other brands, you may have to drill a couple holes on the mower, but it will adapt to 95% of the wb's out there.
    The sulky is to heavy to chain up or flip up, it does remove with no tools in a few seconds.
    It is a trailer type sulky, it does not have the wiggle you describe, this is due to it having so much roller on the ground.
    As far as outstripping the Proslide, I haven't used them side by side, they both are similar in the way they stripe, I feel the Hustler Roll-On will be better do to it using 3 roller's.
    The ride quality is good, we have a rubber pad in the sulky to help absorb the rougher conditions.
    Comparing it to a wheeled sulky really isn't possible, they are 2 totally different set ups.

Pj

3. naturescape

Thanks for the answers! One thing - if I were to step off the sulky and want the mower to go in reverse, will it flip around so it's out of the way when walking backwards? If it's a trailering sulky, it seems like that would have to happen in order to back the mower up or mow in reverse.

If it DOES flip around out of the way (like the Velke x2) then I'm sure I'll order one to try it!

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It will not flip around, its not set up in that way, you don't have to get off the sulky to back up, with a little practice you can back it up with ease.
    Here is a good picture so you can get a idea of how it mounts and how it trailers.

[​IMG]

5. naturescape

I ordered mine, and it should be in on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to trying it! I'll let everyone know how it works for me!

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Post up the results pictures also !!

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I would love to see the results. Ive been on the fence about getting one of these for a while. Please post some results.

Thanks

8. naturescape

I will, if I like the sulky. Give me a bit to get used to it so the stripes look right. Give me a couple days, the sulky should be in Tuesday.

9. naturescape

Well, I'd update everyone if I had the sulky! It still hasn't come in! Apparently there was a problem with the distributor? I ordered it WEEKS ago!

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me please.
    I will find out what is going on.

Pj