rolled a T3000 today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jul 27, 2009.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Actually it didn't roll 360 degrees -- it ended up upside down. The engine & everything else shut down. (No fert spill or liquid spill).

The operator hopped off & didn't get hurt at all (probably due to his vast experience with rolling other equipment in past years) :confused:. He flipped the unit right-side-up, and he finished treating the lawn.

The lawn had been treated twice before with a T, but this time it was a different operator. Operator error --- Instead of going up & down, he went sideways (not good). :hammerhead: "If anything can be wrecked, my brother-in-law is the one for the job". :laugh:

This lawn was color-coded as "questionable" in the first place regarding ride-on or push spread. A really good operator can do this lawn with a T, but in this case, it was my brother-in-law. We call him "Mr. Reckless" (more like wreck more), cuz he has rolled ZTR mowers several times. :cry:

I thought I'd share this cuz not every day is always perfect for us either. BTW, the T3000 has about 480 hours on it, and still nothing's broken (even after today's episode). :laugh: I hope this brightens up everybody's day, cuz 'stuff happens'. :usflag:

Any comments? (especially funny ones) Thanks

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Did you get out your protractor out and measure at what degree it flipped?

I always said you dont know how to run a PG until you flip one, I guess that can be said about the T. I pray to never be able to say that about the z, no way I'm flipping that bad boy of its back.

3. americanlawn

from midwest

I just asked the operator (brother-in-law who lives with us/posts sometimes on my account). He said the backyard was probably over 30 degrees, but I cannot prove this cuz I wasn't there. Keep in mind that he is "Mr. Reckless". He also rides a wide-glide Harley which he has "dumped" before. He always pushes machines to the edge.

This account could never have been treated with any other ride-on. Too much slope & obstacles.

Last time we flippped & dumped fert = PG's. They are truly dangerous when it comes to difficult slopes, etc. IMO

4. chrisby316

chrisby316 LawnSite Member

I rolled my older Z spray into a ditch it went one and a half rotations and landed upside down. Adrenaline let me get it back over. only thing wrong was tire got popped off the bead. had a lighter powered air compressor and was finishing the lawn in less than 15 minutes, was the scariest 3 seconds of my life. watching hopper, wheels, hopper, then wheels and all is quiet!

5. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

How are you guys rolling the Z? Riding sideways on slopes or going up and down? Is it possible to roll the Z going up hills?

6. chrisby316

chrisby316 LawnSite Member

was going up a hill that sloped right at the top. hit a bump the front casters kicked right and sent the z into an 8 foot drainage culvert. been on much worse slopes but the planets just aligned and scared the crap outta me. that was draining

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

OH MY stuff happens try not to step into it

8. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tractors hate those hills! I like throwing frisbies while doing 85 degree hills.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Your brother in law works for you Larry? I'll bet that is interesting some days....

10. americanlawn

from midwest

Hey all - I'll try to pull the camera out tomorrow to show the T that rolled. Haven't shown pics for quite some time -- sorry.