Rolled the Skid-Steer Today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, Nov 9, 2004.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm not too proud of it, but I rolled a JD 250 today. Didn't get hurt, except for my pride. I had a large piece of curb in the root grapple and I was dropping the pieces off of a small bank. Apparently I got too close to the edge and it was a bit too soft and part of the bank gave way. I tipped over onto the grapple bucket first but when it lande on a piece of the curb, it rolled the machine over on it's side. Not really how I planned to spend my day....waiting on a tow truck to not only get the machine upright, but to pull it back up the hill. The dealer is sending a mechanic out to check it out in the AM before I run it any more...just to make sure nothing is torn up. I think she's ok, though. I know some of the hydraulic fluid came out but there is no cosmetic damage. This machine is a demo...mine isn't scheduled to be here for a couple more weeks. I told them I would've never rolled my own :rolleyes: . Perhaps I need some training wheels... ;)
  2. get a headache?
  3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Sorry to hear that, Doug. Hope everything is all right.
  4. thepawnshop

My head is too hard to ache...The only thing I hurt was my pride, personally. Let's hope the Skid makes it out ok....
  5. kELTIC

kELTIC LawnSite Member

Hi, as long as no one was hurt, what the hay. If you're doing stuff, other stuff can happen, anyone who never has an accident or makes a mistake ain't doin' nuttin'. Cheers FMK
  6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

The important thing is, you didn't get hurt. And lucky for you, it wasn't your machine! :drinkup:

A buddy of mine once hit a tree with my father-in-laws snowmobile. Not hard enough to get hurt, but hard enough to do about $2k damage. My father-in-law was following him on another sled. Dad got off his sled, put his arm around my buddy and said:

"Ted, the important thing is you didn't get hurt or killed. Because then I'd have to pay for this" :D
  7. thepawnshop

That is hilarious!
  8. Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

Pawnshop I've been watching your threads fairly closely espeacially before you made your decision on Deere. As soon as I read title of your thread I started to cringe, because I was sure you just flipped a brand new machine. Good thing it's Deeres machine. Glad your alright!
  9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking the same thing "That was quick" Most importantly, you are OK
  10. thepawnshop

Hey, sometimes you have to get the stupid stuff out of the way early so you can get down to business. I bet I pay more attention to the terrain going forward! :dizzy: