Rolling contracts...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scottp, Sep 26, 2007.

1. scottp

scottp LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,

I have a customer that I bid and landed 2 years ago because I told them I'd guarantee my pricing for three years. I know most of you will say, bad idea. I was starting out w/ no equipment so when I landed the job (fairly sizable w/ 5 sites) I went out and purchased my equipment. Now they are interested in retaining me on a rolling contract, however I'm not exactly sure how to word it. Any ideas?

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Said contract will begin on this date:__________ and will end on this date:____________with a 30 day written notice. If notice not supplied within a sufficient amount of time prior to ending date. Contract will automatically re-new for a complete year and continue to do so year after year until 30 written notice is provided and accepted. ALL Terms and conditions will remain the same if contract automatically renews.

just off the top of my head. I know my spelling is terrible :hammerhead:
    hope that helps:weightlifter:

3. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Bunton Guy hit the nail on the head IMO. We have a few older contracts with commercial accounts that have this statment or one similar that have held for 4 or 5 years. If there is a price increase, he has discussed it and made an amendment or just updated the contract. That's why there is only 2 or 3 left, because he hasn't had to raise them or change them and both parties are happy.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That's almost the exact wording I have on my contracts.