1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

roof cleaning berlin md 21811

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by lkendall, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Nice work!....seems all the houses up in Ma. have that green mold on side of houses and discoloration on roof. I need to have my roof done, not sure if I want to do it or hire out a company. How much is a typical charge for a small cape style home?
  2. lkendall

lkendall LawnSite Member

The price depends mostly on sq footage.. Usually between 20-25 cents a sq ft. Can be more or less, especially if you have any of the green moss growing on the roof. If its just the black stains on a small cape style home then somewhere in the $300 range. You want to make sure that you get a company that is using low pressure, you want the chemical to do the work rather than the pressure of the water.. It can be a pain to do it yourself, especially if the roof is steep and you can't walk on it. When someone comes to treat the roof, the system they will be using can treat the entire roof from the gutter line without getting on the roof.. Hope that helps!