1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Roof Cleaning set up in Lexington KY

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by FCPWLLC, Apr 4, 2010.

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

We downsized our roof cleaning rig to fit on a 3x4 poly pallet to slide in and out of a truck bed. This is a nice compact size. 65 gallon tank, 200 ft 1/2 inch plyovic hose and 6.5 hp Honda powering the Udor Zeta pump.

2. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Whats does roof cleaning cost per sq ft? I have a roof with that discoloration and dont even know what something like that cost! Im sure the chemical would be environmentally friendly because I have shrubs and lawn around the building. Thanks for any info!
  3. mruiz

mruiz LawnSite Member

Nice and clean setup!!
  4. Pat Konen

Pat Konen LawnSite Member

Mike, that's a sweet set-up. I like the compact size! Have you had any leakage into your truck bed? If so, will the bed liner hold up to it?

Line-X holds up to just about everything except brake fluid.
  6. Propowerwash

Propowerwash LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple question, well just one. I used udor 15 years ago to throw just about everything.

Hows it this one holding up? I loved mine....never gave me trouble!!

This one is on it's third season and have only had to replace a regulator. I don't rinse it either. I like it. Shoots well.
  8. Propowerwash

Propowerwash LawnSite Senior Member

This is what I was telling other guys, I love these units.
  9. Certified PA Roof Cleaner

Certified PA Roof Cleaner LawnSite Member

How big a part of your business is roof cleaning? Are you doing it daily or just a few times per week?

You said you "downsized". What was your previous set up?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of workout that pump set up is getting.

I have never used the gas engine/pump set up like that before. I currently have two 12 volt pumps and an All Flo air diaphram pump.

Probably 65 roofs a year within a 7 month period. Still educating folks here that you can actually clean a roof.

Downsized the footprint. Was using a 125 gallon tank.

We will look into the air pump when this one dies. Just not too keen on the size of air compessor I will have to find room for.

I may even consider the higher flow Delavans again. Just don't like batteries and duty cycle of electic pumps.

Right now, this pump shoots well and keeps me off most roofs.