Roofs/Gutters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by klineslawnkaren, Nov 10, 2003.

1. klineslawnkaren

klineslawnkaren LawnSite Member

Just wondering if you offer cleaning gutters and blowing off roofs in your leaf clean ups. Or is it "extra", not included. I don't mind getting on the roof and if the leaves are up there they will eventually be on the ground (after you have cleaned up). Do you offer a package deal? :)

2. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

Gutter cleaning isn't included in the clean-ups. It's extra.

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I offer gutter cleaning, but it is definitely additional money.
    I could not justify bringing out the ladder and climbing up to the gutters for no cost. This is something they gladly pay for, rather than doing it themselves.
    I stick to single story buildings though, as this is not my main task.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have a 24' aluminum extension ladder and I will do most houses' roofs and gutters at time of cleanup if requested, just climb up with a b/p blower and done in 10-15 min. usually. charge $35-40 easy money. Sure there is the risk factor and the pain of having the ladder taking trailer space but I don't mind.

5. hey bushhogg i like that avatar :D

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I would charge extra for it. Its added risk,added gear and not to mention added time.

However, ive never cleaned a gutter with a bp blower.....easy?

are you actually clibing up the ladder with the bp or have a long tube and do it from the ground.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Thanks Odin, Team Gopher designed it for me :)

LSE88, yes it's easy with a b/p or handheld. I prefer b/p almost over h/h because weight is on your back not hanging downhill, but then if you lose your balance you can't let go either :( works great just climb up ladder with b/p on and go :) don't do it if there might be ice on roof ;)

9. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't do it from the ground cause if you do, you get covered with leaf poo.

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge and extra fee for gutters and roofs. I only havea few customers for gutters and they have never said anything about the extra fee.