Rookie Here

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TexasFire221, Nov 3, 2008.

1. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

Yup, the joints are a little to big, but other than that it looks good

2. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

wow did you charge for that?? I wouldnt pay for that...

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

Can anybody on this site say any thing kind about someones work, everytime i see a post , I always see some coward sticking his nose where it doesn't belong , the funny thing is 90% of the people on here actually have never even tackled these jobs before , but they always wanna degrade an judge someone elses work! People grow up an be real ,a few kind words go alot further than being some degrading *******!!

5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

No matter how you feel about the job, your peers are only helping you do better the next time.

6. baddboygeorge

But I always see people critizing others ,

7. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

that's true,hardscapers are a holes but you did put a picture up as a example .i could have said you're joints are to wide,you're pieces are to small(poly sand or not)you're fits have no balance or symmetry ,and you're layout lacks definition ,but i didn't because at least you have the balls to post a picture that isn't pavers ,good job...

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yeh but you know what? The next time you do a job like that, you will be thinking about what was said here, and correct it.. Its called constructive criticism...Yes i know mine is probably way over the line, but thats what this site has done to me. My first few years were brewtal on here, but it has made me a better landscaper. I have been here since 03...

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

90% .....How did you get that figure>? You ask a dumb question in the irrigation section guess what...you post a $30 lawn with crooked stripes in the mowing forum ..guess what...you screw up a $10,000 plus install guess what.

10. baddboygeorge

I tried very hard to make that patio something nice , Flagstone is probabley the most difficult to work with due to different shapes an sizes, I could have cut them to fit but I love that natural look , it might not be perfect but that job landed me 3 more so must have not been that damn bad ,, George